In our Health Coaching practice we have worked with several clients who have a Thyroid condition and have been able to help them lead a happier and healthier life using our program.
According to the American Thyroid Association:
- 12% of Americans have a thyroid issue
- An estimated 20 million Americans have thyroid disease
- Up to 60% of those with thyroid disease do not know
The thyroid affects a person’s weight, fertility, energy, sleep, memory, digestion, and menstruation. As you can see, the thyroid impacts practically every part of the body, so when it’s not functioning properly, it can affect nearly every organ.
Thyroid malfunction most commonly refers as hyperthyroidism (when too much thyroid hormone is produced), hypothyroidism (when too little thyroid hormone is produced), and goiter (a swelling of the thyroid). Hypothyroidism is often caused by an autoimmune condition called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
Here are three great ways we have found to support our clients with thyroid issues:
- Help them to heal and balance their gut. Having a healthy gut microbiome is essential to health across the board.
- Consume thyroid-supporting foods. This includes wild-caught fish and sea vegetables. While these foods won’t heal the thyroid entirely, they will definitely support thyroid health.
- Reduce exposure to environmental toxins. You would be amazed how much your environment can wreak havoc on your body. Consider adding plants around the home to reduce pollution and toxicity around you.
I hope these tips are helpful to you. If you are interested in learning more about thyroid imbalances and hormonal health, or our how we can help you lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life please contact me at no obligation at (734) 433-1670 or [email protected]